The following are the main points of RM-11749 are:
- The ability for many LPFM stations to be able to upgrade to 250 watts at 30 meters above average terrain.
- Removing a redundant restriction on the location of FM translators commonly owned by LPFM licensees.
- Doubling the distance that an LPFM station can move as a minor change.
- Changing the local programming requirement for LPFM stations that are subject to time sharing and the local programming pledge to only be obligated to run local programming for one-third of their programming day instead of a flat 8 hours.
- Allowing LPFM stations in extenating circumstances to have boosters.
- Place a second adjacent channel overlap requirement for FM translators in respect to LPFM stations to assure a level playing field.